Eric C. Morris, Esq.
Attorney Eric C. Morris, provides representation and legal counsel in matters pertaining to Civil Litigation, Civil Rights, Class Action, Bankruptcy, Criminal Defense, Family Law and Qui Tam False Claims Act. Prior to joining Southern California Lawyers Group, PC, Mr. Morris worked for law firms Stone, Rosenblatt & Cha, PLC; Koeller, Nebeker, Carlson, & Haluck, LLP; and Somach Simmons & Dunn, LLP. Mr. Morris has litigated disputes from inception through discovery, pre-trial proceedings, trial, jury trial, mediation, arbitration and appeal. During his years of practice, Mr. Morris assisted in successful litigation resolution of multiple complex-litigation, multi-party disputes on behalf of national developers. Mr. Morris successfully helped argue and win a plaintiff judgment in the United States Federal Court, Eighth Circuit, against the Environmental Protection Agency, requiring the revision of the Lead NAAQS Emission Standard to protect public health. Mr. Morris is admitted to practice before all state courts in California; the Central, Southern and Eastern Districts of the U.S. District Court, California.
Eric C. Morris has a Juris Doctorate from Washington University School of Law, St. Louis where he was a Board Editor of the Washington University Law Review. Mr. Morris obtained his Bachelor of Arts in Business and Economics from the University of California, Santa Barbara. Prior to pursuing his legal endeavors, Mr. Morris served as a Congressional Page for the Speaker of the House of the United States Congress and Mr. Morris worked as a financial auditor for the State of California, Bureau of State Audits. He is an active member of the State Bar of California, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Habitat for Humanity, Volunteer Legal Services Program, and Walk Now.
Eric C. Morris’ Publications include:
- Moladina v. Naimi (2018) 2018 WL 357436 (Cal.Rptr.3d).
- Simpson v. Zhang (2017) 2017 WL 1101750 (Cal.Rptr.3d).
- Herrera v. City of Los Angeles (2016) (C.D. Cal.).
- Keivon Young v. County of San Bernardino (2015) (C.D. Cal.).
- Merrill v. Action Educational Services, Inc. (2013) 2013 WL 5486733 (Cal.Rptr.3d.).
- United States of America v. B & H Education, Inc. (2013) (C.D. Cal.).
- Sandoval v. B & H Education, Inc. (2012) 2012 WL 4097288 (Cal.Super.).
- Marble v. American International Group, Inc. (2011) 2011 WL 6441738 (Cal. Super.).
- Abigail Real v. Countrywide Home Loans (2009) 2009 WL 249800 (S.D. Cal.).
- United Van Lines, LLC and Mayflower v. Edwards, (2008) 2008 WL 2817574 (E.D. Cal.).
- United Van Lines, LLC v. Besch, (2008) 2008 WL 4066203 (N.D. Cal.).
- Phillips v. Mayflower Transit LLC, (2008) 2008 WL 5043374 (Cal. Superior).
- Missouri Environment v. Leavitt and E.P.A., (2004) 2004 WL 5608625 (E.D. Mo.) .
- Relicensing Oroville Dam, 14 CAL. WATER L. & POL’Y RPTR 306 (2004).
- Threats Loom to New Melones Water, 14 CAL. WATER L. & POL’Y RPTR 340 (2004).
During his downtime, Mr. Morris enjoys distance running, hiking, sailing and travel.